Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Determining the lowest height on IAP

• jazz
  • Topic Author

jazz created the topic: Determining the lowest height on IAP

Hi Bob / Richard,

Pls kindly share your knowledge with me on the topic of "determining the lowest height on IAP"!!

Should items should one consider first?
a) Circling Minima
b) LSALT
c) MSA
d) Approach Plate Minima
c) Alternate Minima
f) Special Alternate Minima
g) Take-off Minima
h) DME / GPS arrival steps

Really appreciate and hope that you would spare some of your precious time to guide me on this area. Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Determining the lowest height on IAP

Should items should one consider first?

a) Circling Minima - Would be the lowest unless you are doing a RWY approach, and intending to land on that RWY.

b) LSALT - Applies to the route being flown and has nothing to do with the approach minima.

c) MSA - Applies to an area within 25nm [or sometimes 10nm] radius. It has nothing to do with the approach minima.

d) Approach Plate Minima - not sure what you mean by that.

c) Alternate Minima - Only applies to flight planning. Nothing to do with the approach minima..

f) Special Alternate Minima - Same as above.

g) Take-off Minima - Only applies to take-off. Nothing to do with the approach minima.

h) DME / GPS arrival steps - Only apply during the approach procedure. The MDA for this procedure is usually the same as the other non precision approaches.

• jazz
  • Topic Author

jazz replied the topic: Re: Determining the lowest height on IAP

Hi Sir Bob,

Many thanks for replying my quiries on a Sunday :) Your prompt reply and affection to help really impressed and touched me.

Just a couple more questions to seek your professionlism advice:

Q1: Looking at Perth VOR RWY21 chart. When would be the latest point to a missed approach?

a) Maintain level at MDA until D2.0, conduct missed approach, maintain heading 202 and climb to 2000, not before PH VOR, turn left track 170 on-climb to 3000.
b) Maintain level at MDA until overhead PH VOR, conduct missed approach, maintain heading 202 and climb to 2000, then make left turn to track 170 on-climb to 3000.

On my JEPP Chart, there are a few additional 2 arrows point level and straight towards the PH VOR at MDA. Does it mean that I should maintain level at MDA until overhead PH VOR?

Hence, which should be the correct answer?

With gratitude, Sir Bob. Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds