Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Max Speed For Intermediate Approach with Reversal

• T207A
  • Topic Author

T207A created the topic: Max Speed For Intermediate Approach with Reversal

G'day again guys,

I just completed another Cyber exam and had this question:

You are flying the Inverell RWY 16 NDB approach in VH-OZY....

I answered the question with 140kt, and got the question wrong. Cyber exam says the correct answer was a max speed of 180kt.

Runway 16 NDB approach at Inverell involves a reversal procedure, and quoting Jepps for Instrument Approach Handling Speeds (AU-16 2.3) the table advises that Speed range for Initial & Intermediate Approach for Cat B aircraft is 120-180, however is asterisked in brackets with 140 knots which it says is the "max speed for reversal procedures".

This would indicate to me 140 knots maximum until turning for the inbound track of the procedure...Just like to query were my reasoning is going wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

replied the topic: Re: Max Speed For Intermediate Approach with Reversal

Hi mate,

Your reasoning is spot on. There is an error in that question since a change was made in the AIP and the answer is indeed now 140kt. I've changed the question bank and I'll regrade your exam attempt.

Thanks for mentioning it. It was also brought up in this thread but the question missed getting updated then when we moved over to the new Exam Prep format:

www.bobtait.com.au/forum/instrument-rati...mit=10&start=60#1833

Cheers,

Rich

P.S. I hope you don't mind but I edited your original post to remove the full question text. That way it stays as a bit of a surprise for other students ;)

• T207A
  • Topic Author

T207A replied the topic: Re: Max Speed For Intermediate Approach with Reversal

no worries, I like my grade even better now, cheers!

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds