Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Deciding if its night or not

• Heff
  • Topic Author

Heff created the topic: Deciding if its night or not

Hi,
Currently studing for the irex.
Regarding a question that relies on deciding whether its night or not. In the CASA exams do they make it painfully obvious that its night? ie You are in QLD and ETA is 1400
Or are you expected to work out ECT/MCT on the exam date etc.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Deciding if its night or not

Heff

I can assure you that they wont expect you to refer to EOD/BOD charts! Even CASA are not that cruel....

The question will make it obvious that it is night or day. Good luck mate! Enjoy your study.

Bob

• Heff
  • Topic Author

Heff replied the topic: Re: Deciding if its night or not

Cheers Bob, that answers my question.

Regards,

Heff

• brentonrule

brentonrule replied the topic: IREX TIPS

Gday Heff.

I agree with Bob, CASA are generally not that 'cruel' but it is fair to say they are ambiguous in some of their questions. Just make sure that youy do Bob's books page by page and you'll be fine. I got a lower mark than expected and this was mainly due to the questions around MSA and LSALT en route ie: they will have questions like - you are at 22DME on a DME arrival, what is the lowest level you can decend to? but @ 22DME you are just outside of the next step - say 20DME, (however you may well have a route LSALT that is lower than the DME step). Also make sure you know your alternates due weather and runway lights. Another area to study is 'tracking tollerances' and Airspace boundaries.

Overall the exam is reasonably straight forward but make sure you READ every question carefully as they do set traps. Good luck.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds