Stuart Tait created the topic: Rules for Using our IREX and Air Law extracts
CASA being CASA you cannot take both our extract "and" the normal documents to the PEXO exams although the extracts are really all you need, but just to be clear here is a email from CASA on the Issue:
"We’ve had candidates using your ‘Selected extracts’ now for some time, and generally without any issues or problems. Which is good. However some candidates don’t realise that they cannot use both your ‘selected extracts’ AND the normal documents (CARs, CASR Part 61, CAOs, etc.) in the exam.
I’m sure that you do tell candidates about the conditions relating to these ‘selected extracts’ but may I ask that you include a note or page with the extracts stating the following:
The use of these ‘selected extracts’ in CASA PEXO exams is subject to the following conditions:
1. The ‘selected extracts’ must be as provided without any additional pages, training notes, cross references or indexes added to them.
2. Candidates may choose to take into their exams either:
· These ‘selected extracts’ of CAOs, CARs and Part 61 documents; or
· The normal set of CAOs, CARs and Part 61 documents, but NOT both.
3. Should a candidate, as a result of using ‘selected extracts’, find that they cannot answer a question(s) or choose an incorrect answer(s), are not permitted to use this to request a re-marking of their exam.
4. Candidates may only take ‘selected extracts’ into those exams where each of those documents (CAOs, CARs and CASR Part 61) are part of the ‘permitted materials’ for that subject.
5. A divider page, used to separate the different sections, i.e. separating CAOs from CARs and from the Part 61 portions of ‘selected extracts’, is approved.
6. As per the normal CASA requirements stated on page
of the CASA web site, no tagging of these pages is permitted, however candidates may choose to underline or highlight sections of the text if they wish (also as stated on that same page of the CASA web site)."