Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin

New Fuel Requirements

• Stuart Tait
  • Topic Author

Stuart Tait created the topic: New Fuel Requirements

The new fuel requirements have created a large impact in CPL Performance textbook in regard to variable reserves and as such 50+ pages of exercises and examples have been changed to reflect the new requirement due on November 8th.

I am currently working on the exam preps and E-Text and will have them ready next week. To help cover the gap between old and new textbook we will offer free access to the E-Text version for 3 months if you are sitting after Nov 8th

If you have recently purchased a text book and are not sitting until after Nov 8th please contact Maree in the office at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and she will organise access to the E-Text.

The changes are list below

File Attachment:

File Name: Newfuelreq...ents.pdf
File Size:124 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hews16

hews16 replied the topic: New Fuel Requirements

Hey Stuart,

I've been given access to the e-text however it still contains the old figures; would I be correct in assuming that you're not publishing the new text until after the 8th and that the current e-text I have will update automatically?

Thank you

• Stuart Tait
  • Topic Author

Stuart Tait replied the topic: New Fuel Requirements

Yes I find it a bit awkward as to update the e-text too early will be a problem for some users but I think we will update it just before the 8th and yes as soon as I update the e-text you will see the updated text

Cheers

• Kl2018

Kl2018 replied the topic: New Fuel Requirements

Hi bob,
In regards to the IREX exam will you have sample questions on calculating the fuel base on the new regulations? And I’m planning to purchase the online practice questions will you be updating those questions? Planning to take the exam next Monday.

Kelvin

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: New Fuel Requirements

Yes, we have updated all of the e-texts and practice questions to reflect the new fuel requirements. It's really only the variable reserve changing to 10% instead of 15%. The fixed reserve remains at 45 minutes for a charter but has been changed to 30 minutes for private.

Bob

• Kl2018

Kl2018 replied the topic: New Fuel Requirements

Hi bob just to check if I’m right in regards to old and new fuel.

For the old fuel we would do this ;
(Plan fuel +alt fuel) times 1.15 + 45 mind fix reserve + holding fuel

For the new fuel we would in the case of charter
(Plan fuel times 1.10) + alt fuel + 45mins fix reserve + holding fuel

Because under the new fuel they stated that the variable does not include the alternate. Was wondering am I right about this concept ?

• hews16

hews16 replied the topic: New Fuel Requirements

I've just noticed the above too. It's quite frustrating that CASA has it in such small print on the CAAP; if it is indeed a change - it's a major one.

Looking forward to your thoughts on this Bob & team. I have the performance exam on Tuesday and these changes are causing slight panic. Attached is page 8 of the CAAP.
Attachments:

• Stuart Tait
  • Topic Author

Stuart Tait replied the topic: New Fuel Requirements

The Variable Fuel Reserve calculation does not apply to the alternate fuel, only to trip fuel.

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds