Header1200x385

× Welcome to the CPL HPL question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

CHUF Passed (95%) - Some Qs That may be helpful ;)

• Thank you received: 0

RobTait created the topic: CHUF Passed (95%) - Some Qs That may be helpful ;)

Passed HUF,
Was quite easy - text book had everything you need to be ready for the exam. Here is a list of questions below which were similar to exam qs that may be helpful if your sitting in soon -

What is Hypertension and what can be caused by:
High Blood Pressure & Obesity

A pilot may think they are high on an approach to a runway if:
- the runway is at the top of a long up slope

If you look directly at an object at night, you will see it:
- less clearly because the fovea is a blind spot

Excessive cockpit noise can lead to?
Narrowed Attention

Give an example of a pull mode statement
Tell me what you just said again

Flying at 5000 feet on a cold winter's day when suddenly you complain of a headache and your performance is increasingly getting worse, what might you be experiencing?
Carbon monoxide poisoning

What is the 3 circle model?
Team, Task and individual

A pilot uses out of date charts and inadverticly busts CTA what is the error in the sequence of events?
Entering CTA (also had the same question except it was asking for the threat which in that case was using expired charts)

A pilot notices oil leaking and performs a forced landing and crashes, turns out nothing was wrong – what behavior is this?
Invulnerability

Physological stress have reffects on a pilot:
Feeling behavior physical health

On approach to land at an airport covered by haze the pilot will feel they are:
Too high and under shoot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

chrislauder44 replied the topic: CHUF Passed (95%) - Some Qs That may be helpful ;)

Thanks for all the info you're sharing, I'm glad that you're not detered by the exam knowledge sharing rules.

I wish I got some of the questions that you've laid out above. I was thrown by a few that had answers that supplied answers - that were correct to CASA, but quite different to some information supplied in bobs textbook. Such as:

EPT/TUC at FL300 - Answer in Bob's textbook is 60 seconds, however, the answer required by CASA was 45 - 75 seconds

Environmental capture - There was a question on "what is an example of environmental capture" - not sure what the other options were, but I selected something along the lines of: a pilot getting in a new aircraft reaches for the flaps lever where it is located in the aircraft that he/she usually flies and instead operates the undercarrage. - I believe I got this question wrong.

There was also a question regarding hearing protection while changing VOR frequencies... (I thought this was a weird one, as I'm pretty sure its not covered in the textbook. It certainly wasn't covered in the week of classes that I sat prior.

One that I was very sure I answered correctly was about the order of circulation of oxygen through the body.
The answer I selected was: Lungs, Heart, Body Systems, Heart, Lungs.
This is one that came up in my KDR... pretty sure I was correct?? (maybe i managed to read the selected answer wrong twice - i doubt it though).

at the end of the day i passed :) . now to re-learn my deficient areas.

P.S.
I found The textbook 'Human Being Pilot' by David Robson very informative and more "CASA friendly" (in terms of wording/semantics) for some areas of the CHUF subject, such as:

Anatomy of the ear (diagram) - David Robson supplies a slightly larger, more technical diagram. Great if you are confident in your knowledge of the anatomy and function of the ear.

Visual illusions on approach - Both Bob Tait and David Robson give brilliant explanations of these but the two books provide different diagrams and can provide clarity when used in conjunction with eachother, particularly if you're struggling to visualise the illusion.

EPT/TUC - These numbers vary between the two books. 'Human Being Pilot' - David Robson provides a wider range of data and supplies the same data as is given in the CASA exam (the one I sat today at least - 13/07/2024). Bobs data is slightly out of date (I'll make a seperate post soon with a list of printing errors in my copy of the HPL textbook - by Bob Tait).

****Please NOTE: 'Human Being Pilot' - David Robson States some priorities that do not currently align with those of the CASA. One example of this is that training priorities of modern aviation be: Manage; Communicate; Aviate; and Navigate - as opposed to Aviate, Navigate, Communicate (Still current for the CASA and consistent with 'HPL' Bob Tait.

I would recommend using this book as a reference text to confirm or clarify information read in 'HPL' by Bob Tait. 'Human Being Pilot' - by David Robson also does not include any revision exercises or practise exams - which make a world of difference when it comes to exam prep. ****

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds