Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL HPL question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Weird Revision Question

• kobiejames
  • Topic Author

kobiejames created the topic: Weird Revision Question

Good Morning all,

My apologies if this has been asked already.

I'm studying the HPL book for my CHUF exam this Friday and I have come across a strange question in revision test 5 that neither myself nor my instructor could figure out. It's question 11 talking about perspective. None of the answers make sense and the paragraph in the chapter contradicts the answer in the back of the book.

I'm hoping I can get this cleared up before Friday.

Thank you everyone,
Kobie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Weird Revision Question

Kobie
Any point that lines up with the horizon is at the same height as the observer. See the diagram on the top of page 43. In the left hand frame, the scene is being viewed from the same height as the top of the power poles. In the centre panel, the scene is being viewed from the same height as the top of the small tree.

That rule doesn't apply to objects in flight. In the right hand panel, aeroplane B could be further away, but it also could be a small model aeroplane that is closer to you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kobiejames

• kobiejames
  • Topic Author

kobiejames replied the topic: Weird Revision Question

Thank you Sir

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds