Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL HPL question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

A HPL question make me confused

• Thank you received: 0

Star Alliance created the topic: A HPL question make me confused

You suffer a radio failure and whilst distracted fixing it you violate CTA without a clearance. Under TEM, what action should you take once you become aware of the CTA violation?
a) keep fixing the radio and advise ATC asap
b) check your aeronautical chart for the quickest route back into class G
c) follow the radio failure procedure in ERSA
d) conduct a 180 degree turn and listen out for instructions

I reckon D is correct, but someone tell me the answer is C, can someone help ?thx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MEADE1990

MEADE1990 replied the topic: A HPL question make me confused

The answer you have chosen, D, is simply a human reaction. I know under those circumstances I myself would want to "Bail out". As pilots though, we learn how to deal with these situations appropriately. Answer D presented itself wrong to me due to the "listen out for instructions" aspect. Following a 'radio failure' this may not be reliable (the same goes for answer A). Answer B can be related very much so to answer D. By process of elimination you end up with answer C. A good flying school will teach you these kind of procedures during your normal, intial licence training.

I also think of it this way... if I have gone and busted through somebody's airspace im going to be getting a stern "please explain" phonecall anyway, so I better go ahead and do the right thing!

(I'm no expert on anything, this is just the way I see things)

• Thank you received: 0

Star Alliance replied the topic: A HPL question make me confused

your reply is very helpful, thank you very much!

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds