Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL HPL question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

TEM Countermeasures

• Sasut2
  • Topic Author

Sasut2 created the topic: TEM Countermeasures

Hello Bob and Team,

I am currently studying CPL and am working up to facing the dreaded HUF exam. So far, it all seems logical and makes sense...except for countermeasures. For some reason I just cannot grasp the difference between an EXECUTION countermeasure and a REVIEW countermeasure. I have been reading, re-reading and doing practice questions from your book to try and pick it up but still can't seem to figure this one out. Do you have any examples or ways of explaining the differences between these two that may be of help? Seriously, ANY help is greatly appreciated because this is driving me nuts.

Regards
Shaun

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: TEM Countermeasures

The general idea is this.
EXECUTION COUNTERMEASURE. Is carried out during flight. It involves monitoring of the aircraft"s engine and navigation instruments and any other information, such as updated weather information relating to the flight (just keeping an eye on how the flight is progressing). It would include map reading etc.

REVIEW COUNTERMEASURE. If the execution countermeasures indicate that it is it necessary to make changes to the original plan, such as diversions or changes to cruising levels to counter a threat like poor weather ahead, or any other change of plans, the decision to make such changes would be a review countermeasure.

• Sasut2
  • Topic Author

Sasut2 replied the topic: TEM Countermeasures

Thanks for your reply Bob. Your response has clarified things for me straight up - very much appreciated.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds