Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL HPL question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

TEM questions

• Avturburner
  • Topic Author

Avturburner created the topic: TEM questions

Gday Bob and Rich
I've left this a bit late because my exam is tomorrow but wondering if you can help me out.
Is operational pressure a latent/organisational pressure? not an internal
Also is it right to believe an execution countermeasure is basically monitoring, however if you notice a problem i.e alternator failure and then start turning off lights this is a review countermeasure because you responded to a the threat? Therefore any response to a threat is review?

Cheers
Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: TEM questions

Gidday Matt

According to CASA's CAAP, operational pressure would be an organisational threat. It is the result of poor organisation.
An execution countermeasure involves monitoring and cross checking but it also includes systems management. Therefore I agree that any response to a threat related to systems would be considered an execution countermeasure.

Bob

• Avturburner
  • Topic Author

Avturburner replied the topic: TEM questions

Hi bob, still confused sorry.
So would be responding to the stall warning by applying power and lowering the nose be an execution countermeasure?
My confusion is coming from the definition (of review countermeasure) in the book "identifying and addressing the issues as they arise" could you provide an example that would be review but not execution?
Also I have issue 6 2010 HUF book but the last four answer of the TEM are missing at the back, could you please let me know the answers for 21-24?
Thanks for your quick response
Matt

A review countermeasure involves dealing with a threat that has not yet occurred. For example, initiating a diversion around thunderstorms.

An execution countermeasure involves taking action to deal with a threat that has already occurred. For example, dealing with an electrical failure or engine fire.

Here are the answers you wanted.
Attachments:

• Avturburner
  • Topic Author

Avturburner replied the topic: TEM questions

Thank you Bob, that makes much more sense.
Have a great day.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds