Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL HPL question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

HPL passed!

• Roadlad
  • Topic Author

Roadlad created the topic: HPL passed!

Just passed HPL today! Well that was the last subject so what a great feeling to have completed all my CPL exams. Many thanks to Bob Tait study material. I did it all home study in just under 4 months. I am now on my way to doing my CPL test which I have booked for the 4th Nov. After that I can start my instructor rating at the tender age of 53. I should have done this years ago however, better late than never! I do hope that my 20+ years of flying and several instrument renewals will be of benefit when I start instructing.

In closing again a heart felt thanks to Bob Tait for providing the excellent resources to help any individual achieve their goals.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rcn

rcn replied the topic: HPL passed!

Congratulations Roadlad.

I have HPL tomorrow. Any tips?

• Roadlad
  • Topic Author

Roadlad replied the topic: HPL passed!

About ten TEM questions, but nothing too demanding. Watch out for the syntax of the question. . . . . . I'm sure some of these questions are deliberately worded to guide you into choosing the wrong answer. Runway narrow and wide illusion questions . . . You know too high too low. Questions regarding use of sleeping pills, vestibular system, eyes, Eustachian tube, approx decibel reduction in non anr headsets, eye movement, partial pressure of oxygen at altitude, hypoxia, false hypothesis, active listening, push and pull communications. In short a fair sampling of questions from across the range of subjects studied in Bobs book.

Best of luck for tomorrow.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: HPL passed!

Great news Roadlad. 4 months for 7 subjects by home study - that's impressive! Looks like you might have had some late nights. I'm sure you'll really enjoy your CPL and instructor rating. The industry need dedicated people like you, I bet you thoroughly enjoy instruction.

Bob

• Roadlad
  • Topic Author

Roadlad replied the topic: HPL passed!

Thankyou Bob I appreciate your kind words. My son was perhaps one of the catalysts that got me moving in the right direction. Having held my PPL with an IR for more than 20 years, I had always worked in the printing industry. Well to cut a long story short the printing industry in Australia is in a bad way so I opted out earlier this year and wanted to reinvent myself. I finally decided that I should work in aviation and the obvious avenue is to become an instructor. My oldest son who is a Herc pilot with 37 squadron told me that the only reason he is where he is now was through all the times he used to sit with me in his formative years and being taught about aircraft from his dad! He said " dad you will be a great instructor".

All I can say now is that I am looking forward to doing just that!

Thanks Bob

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds