Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL HPL question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Question Communication style , Tem, ect

• davidyeung1991
  • Topic Author

davidyeung1991 created the topic: Question Communication style , Tem, ect

Q1. The Fo advise the captain three time of very low fuel.the captain does not respond ,ending up crash. The attitude of the FO was?
a.assertive
b.submissive
c.resigned
d. aggressive

Q2.what should the FO use for question 1
a.assertive
b.submissive
c.resigned
d. aggressive

Q3.When given the heading 060 from ATC, you set the heading bug 090 whan is in TEM?
a threat
b. error
c aircraft undesired sate

Q4.As the chart expired , u enter the control area, what is error?
1. chart expired
2. mid air collision
3 enter control area

Q5. As the weather report expired , aircraft fly into bad weather, aircraft suddenly lost control and stall what is the undesired aircraft state ?
1.advsely fly in weather
2.stall
3.lost of control

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Aaron

Aaron replied the topic: Question Communication style , Tem, ect

Q1: I would say the FO was resigned. As you said, he told the Captain 3 times and he did nothing. The FO should've kept notifying the Captain to the problem

Q2: The FO should've been assertive. He should've notified the Captain of the problem in a way that the Captain would recognise. But I would say that it's the fault of the Captain for not being a good listener

Q3: I would be leaning towards this being an error

Q4: This is the fault of the PIC for not supplying the correct and up to date chart for the flight.

Q5. An Undesired Aircraft State is when the aircraft is placed outside of it's normal operating area (abnormal operation), so I would say placing the aircraft in the stall is the answer, but you shouldn't be flying with an expired weather report/forecast

Bob/Richard is this correct? Feel free to change as required, I just did the HUF exam a few weeks back so it was fresh in my mind

Cheers

• davidyeung1991
  • Topic Author

davidyeung1991 replied the topic: Question Communication style , Tem, ect

what is different between submissive and resigned ?

• Nav

Nav replied the topic: Question Communication style , Tem, ect

In my opinion (which I am happy to be corrected on)..

I agree with Aaron on all points. Only Q5, I think is definitely Flying in bad weather. Even if the aircraft did not lose control or stall, flying in bad weather is still an UAS.

With regards to the difference between submissive and resigned:
Being submissive is willfully complying with the other persons orders without much questioning.
Being resigned is a reluctance to positively engage the other person so that an outcome is delivered. Or a feeling that you don't have the power to influence the outcome of the situation.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds