Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL HPL question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

CHUF exam

• peter2480
  • Topic Author

peter2480 created the topic: CHUF exam

A couple of questions from exam yesterday structured in a different light. Qu on sleep credits - maximum length of sleep useful for sleep credits, I chose option of 16 hrs (wrong) as I remembered that number from text. Correct answer would have been 8 giving 16 sleep credits. Another was blue fingernails lips etc. the 2 feasible answers were hypoxia and CO poisoning. As blue fingernails are a sign of advanced hypoxia I figured that the better answer was CO poisoning as CO would prevent oxygen from attaching to Hb from the start. (wrong). Hope this helps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: CHUF exam

Hi Peter, thanks for the feedback on the exam and congratulations on the pass - excellent :-)

Just to clarify, CO poisoning won't give you blue fingertips because the CO molecules bind with Haemoglobin producing carboxyhaemoglobin which has a bright red colour. Because of this, CO poisoning will be associated with red fingertips as well as all the other symptoms you're familiar with.

Cheers,

Rich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds