Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL HPL question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

CPL HF

• Aviation101
  • Topic Author

Aviation101 created the topic: CPL HF

Gday guys

Just sat CPL HF and failed 63%, i was just wondering whats the best way to attack this subject its my last CPL so just want to get it done already. any tips would be helpful.

Regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: CPL HF

Hi,

This answer comes quite late - sorry. Your post slipped under the radar somehow. Some general tips for the exam would be:
- Make sure you know your TEM definitions inside out and be able to extract TEM terms from scenarios.
- Read Bob's HUF book as it contains everything you need to know (and more).
- Trawl the forums here as they are a good resource for exam information and we have a few "sticky" topics with online TEM resources for you to take a look at.
- Consider getting some practice exams. We have CPL Human Factors exam preps on our online store and there are also others available at pilot supply stores (e.g. from Rob Avery, ATC etc).

Good luck and try not to forget Human factors can be one of the more interesting subjects (even with TEM!).

Cheers,

Rich

• Aviation101
  • Topic Author

Aviation101 replied the topic: CPL HF

thanks Richard,

I just had 2 questions i got in the exam that i'm a little confused about:
1. there was a work function a night before the flight there was alcohol involved, the pilot knew that he was fatigued, what is/was the threat?

latent
unexpected
external
internal

2. there was a question on decision making in the cockpit, where could i find this in the book. ( i can't recall the question)

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: CPL HF

Evenin'

Fatigue is a classic internal threat. It is happening "inside the pilot's skin". As for decision making there is a section on decision making in the HPL book just before the TEM section if I remember correctly. I don't have my book in front of me at the moment. If you can remember more specific details about the question it will help us narrow down what the problem was.

Cheers,

Rich

• Aviation101
  • Topic Author

Hi Richard,

Sorry for the Really late reply, i deserted CHUF for a while and now iv'e got it booked in on the 15th of July this will be my 4th attempt (it just really isn't a strong subject for me) i have my CPL coming up in a couple of weeks so need to get this done this is my final CPL and is holding me back a little.

i took notes after the last time i did CHUF questions i got wrong were: What can you do to eliminate or alleviate Chronic Stress? in the event of an engine failure the Captain would expect the co-pilot to be? assertive..........., what directly contributes to sleep duration? time spent awake, body clock, what are the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning ? and at night it is best to look slightly off centre so?....

Would you have any study tips for this attempt?? i have bought the online Bob Tait exam practice exams and am using the 09' model of Bob Tait HPL.

Kind Regards,
Raphael

• linc90

linc90 replied the topic: CPL HF and EXAM review

Hi Rapheal I just did my HPL on Tuesday I didn't find it was the easiest exam! but I passed with 78% so just a pass :S this exam is so open to interpretation
the things I did found useful I did the practice exams online the bob tait exams and the ones I was getting wrong I would use it like a KDR and really study those components
about 10 of my question where TEM :/ not a fan! 41 questions in total the others where on the eye cones and rods and how much of rods and cones fewer rods or fewer cones , alcohol (rate of abortion and rate of witch its excreted when taken with food , illusions somatogravic, balance and ears that's about all I can recall I will post anything else I recall but good luck mate !
ALSO which I did notice it does show you how much marks each question is worth in the bottom right hand corner which I didn't know for nav and performance
Cheers Rich, Bob, Lee and everyone that posted on the forums

Cheers
Linc

• Aviation101
  • Topic Author

Passed yesterday 85%,
anyone that struggles with this subject, i would highly recommend buying the Bob Tait online practice exams

thanks for the help,
Raphael

• kamran618

kamran618 replied the topic: CPL HF

Hi bob please get back to me in cpl current huf book same question different answer. Thanks
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds