Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL HPL question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

HUF and Irex done and dusted.

• Andy Venter
  • Topic Author

Andy Venter created the topic: HUF and Irex done and dusted.

Good Day Bob / Richard / Lee,

Heaps of gratitude to you for the assistance in passing these two exams (AHUF and IREX)- very happy to be done with them!! I used the CHUF E-Text for the ATP Human Factors. And though I understand that you specialize in CPL, I found it to be of better quality than the other ATP "specific" stuff out there.

No matter how anyone tries to explain TEM though, it is just a slippery bugger for sure!

After much deliberation ;) I have come up with what I believe to be the most apt description of TEM, namely: "The fine art of backing a fart into a corner using a pointy stick" :laugh:

For those preparing for the AHUF / CHUF, here is what I have found to be useful: The bulk of the exam is still based on non-TEM related issues, so make up for those vague TEM questions and answers by knowing the other material very very well!!

Don't use too many resources - it will just confuse you. Use CAAP 5.59, but DON'T get stuck into the whole thing - only sect 13 and 14 are of any value - and even then it is only the examples that they use that adds value.

Other than the new Bob Tait E-text, my most valuable source was www.skybrary.aero/index.php/TEM_in_Flight_Operations

Obviously some of this is said light heartedly. I DO believe that TEM is important and should be promoted in aviation organisation and in training. I am just not of the opinion that it can be effectively tested in a typical multiple answer exam. At least not until CASA adopts a recognised bibliography that contains standard terminology / phraseology.

But hey, I've passed the subject and it is do-able.

Kind regards.

Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: HUF and Irex done and dusted.

Congratulations Andy, well done mate. Great tips you offer there and I'm sure they will prove useful to others.
Going to keep that one for our TEM classes if you don't mind - simply perfect :D

Cheers,

Rich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds