Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL HPL question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Passed my HPL

• pilot_5100
  • Topic Author

pilot_5100 created the topic: Passed my HPL

I managed to pass my HPL this time... So relief now...

For Bob Tait, there is one question come out in the CASA exam merely the same from the book. For this question, it talks about the Captain disabled the warning system by pulling the circuit breaker so he can save time and increase speed. The FO asks why and say nothing more about the situation. How should the FO behave?
A. anti-authoritarian
B. macho
C. deferent
D. vulnerability

I put C but CASA said it was wrong. I am pretty sure the correct answer is A. What is your opinion Bob?

Some of the questions that came up:
1. How many time we need to exercise in days/week?

2. What is the meaning of 'active listening'?

3. What the meaning of the term 'Risky Shift'?

4. Which one is appeal to be the best for pilot? P+/P-/G-/G+

5. What is the name of the reference point that been using in the cockpit seating position?

6. The correct way to fastened the seat belts...

7. The composition of the atmosphere... The percentage of nitrogen, oxygen and the carbon dioxide...

8. For the freighter pilot at night, how many hours will they sleep in order to get the max credit points?

9. What are the four main headings under stress?

10. What is the meaning of assertiveness?

11. If you are over 40, most people start to wear glasses, what is the reason for this?

12. All the light enter the eyes goes to?

13. How would you avoid Empty Field Myopia in empty sky?

14. What is the PRIMARY sensory illusion in IMC condition?
- ear and proprioceptive
- acceleration motion in ear and proprioceptive
- eyes and ear

15. Blue colourisation lips? What is that mean?

16. Rapid breathing... What is it mean?

17. Pilot climbs to 6000 ft... He got headache, a bit uneasy in breathing, and not perform as sharp as he used to... What is that mean?
A. hypoxia
B. hyperventilation
C. carbon monoxide poisoning

18. Which part of the body you pinch yourself for the pinch test?

19. How would you reduce the barotrauma for the teeth?

20. What is the function on eustachian tube?

21. Which part of the body feels hurt when you eat vegetables when you climb?
- big bowel
- small bowel
- lungs
-stomach

22. One common characteristic of ageing is a deterioration of hearing. This is usually noticed first in the?

23. What is the effect of cold flu?
A. antihistamines (drowsiness)
B. ephedrine (effect vision)

23. Which is not correct regarding spatial disorientation?

24. Which is not correct regarding information processing?

25. Dark adaptation... How long it takes?

26. How would you protect yourself you to land facing the sun?
A. sunglasses
B. sun visor
C. seat fully up
D. concentrate on area over the over

* remember the sunglasses wont help you with the glare

27. For pilot, how would they get rid of the alcohol, for the most effective way?
A. drink coffee
B. wait
C. exercise
D. eating meal

* hopefully i got this right... look easy but can be confusing...

28. How would you know you are very low on approach?
A. runway slope up towards the threshold
B. runway wide
C. light not as bright as usual
D. the runway is shorter

* take me a while for this Q...

29. What is deference?

30. How to get the highest performance?

31. Checklists are under what countermeasures?
A. Planning
B. Systematic
C. Execution
D. Review

32. Pilot is way behind schedule and he is rushing. He forgot most of the things through his flight as... Which one of these are the latent threat?
A. Schedule way behind
B. rushing

33. Pilot uses a long and expired chart. He flew into CTA? Which one the the error?
A. expired chart
B. flew into CTA
C. near mid are collision

34. Due to high workload, pilot hardly communicate on the radio as it didn't function clearly. which is the best countermeasures?
A. second radio to b carried
B. workload management

35. As the radio didn't work very well... When communicate, pilot replying with the wrong info? What error is this?

36. What is the most important thing to do when UAS happened?
A. fix the error
B. fix the threat
C. fic the UAS

37. Pilot doing a low approach speed when coming to land. Then he manage to control the speed. What is the UAS?
A. low approach speed
B. manage to control the speed

These are the only questions I can remember guys... I really hope you get some ideas regarding what came out from CASA... Questions do look easy but most of the answers given will DEFINITELY confused you. Good luck!

Regards,
Gibson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• boeing777mark

boeing777mark replied the topic: Re: Passed my HPL

Hey pilot 5100 just asking are the questions multi choice or do you have to actually remember the answers in you head cause i am thinking that mite be a little difficult..

Congrats on the pass mate, well done

• pilot_5100
  • Topic Author

pilot_5100 replied the topic: Re: Passed my HPL

Hi man,

They all multi choices and most of the answers look pretty much the same too... well, that's how CASA works anyway...

• Aviatordan

Aviatordan replied the topic: Re: Passed my HPL

G'day Pilot_5100,

I know you asked for Bob but I may be able to help.

Re. the question asking about how the FO should behave in that situation, if I'm not mistaken the answer is "vulnerability".

Invulnerability is an attitude of "it's not going to happen to me!”. Pilots who have this attitude are much more likely to take unnecessary risks, such as in this case, turning off the warning system. Both the captain and the FO have displayed this attitude (well, based on the amount of information the question has given). First the captain when he switched off the system and then the FO when he didn't question it further than asking "why?".

If the FO had thought to himself "even though the statistics say that there is only a 1 in a million chance of something going wrong, we could very well be that one" he would have displayed the attitude of vulnerability, i.e. "this might actually happen to me". He would then have had to be assertive and actually take his feeling and bring it to the attention of the captain.

Also, if you take a look at the definitions of the other answers and how you feel they would fit in to a well-oiled cockpit environment you'll see that it's really the only correct answer:
Anti-authoritarian: Don't tell me what to do!
Macho: I can do ANYTHING!
Deferent: To be humbly submissive.

I hope this helps, mate!

Cheers,

Dan

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds