Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL HPL question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Just passed HUF - Cool - 2 Questions

• RC Ozy
  • Topic Author

RC Ozy created the topic: Just passed HUF - Cool - 2 Questions

Before I forget I will put down a few points about the exam.

I used Bob's latest edition Human Performance and Limitations (Issue 7) and the GAAP as my study guide.

Got 5 questions wrong.

1. Crew communication
2. Crew decision making
3. TEM managing undesired aircraft state

I cant remember the questions in detail sorry.

4. Limitations to vision - man this was a question about the best way to manage a landing with the setting sun in your face. It gave options of wearing sunglasses, adjusting seat height so the sun was obscurred by the windscreen surround, wear a peaked cap and 1 other option which I forget (it was probably the correct answer :) ). I said adjusting seat height with some trepidation. I doubt if I would do this anyway - sounds frought with risk.

5. Sleep management - "what is the minimum sleep requred by night time freight runner to build maximun sleep credits." or something like that. Options were
1. 12 hours
2. 8 hours
3. Naps of 2 hour duration with 1 hour in between
4. 16 hours

I said 12 hours but I was so guessing

Lots of TEM questions but they were easy to interpret and answer (except the 1 I got wronG )

I found the BOB Tait book and the GAAP was plenty good enough for this exam.

Doug

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DkBb

DkBb replied the topic: Re: Just passed HUF - Cool - 2 Questions

Hey Doug,

Congratulations on the marks. hey I was wondering if you have some notes online of human factors, I would appreciate if you could forward me some notes to study, my email id is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .

cheers,
DK

• pilot_5100

pilot_5100 replied the topic: Re: Just passed HUF - Cool - 2 Questions

hi man,

the answer for the regarding landing towards the sun is using the caps (the eyes cover) and not the sunglasses as it didn't protect us from the glare...

they also ask about how many times we need to exercise in order to keep fit. also regarding the freighter pilot at night... i chose the one that 2 hours sleep and 1 hour rest... but it got that wrong... i pretty sure the answer is 8 hours in order to gain credit from the body...

i got 12 questions on TEM... all confusing... just read bob tait and the most important thing is that we need to able to differentiate the treat, error and UAS. as they will give a situation and u need to choose the examples that the casa gives to you.

i also got a question regarding the correct way to fastened the seatbelt... the meaning of deferent person... blood donation... hyperventilation... 4 main things on stress management: cognitive, behaviour... and two more... the main function of fovea...

most of the questions are base on the common knowledge... only 30% out from bob tait... just staudy hard and get as much info as u can... also remember the size of ur waist when ur being pinch... which part of the body and how many mm...

if ur at FL300 what is the time of consciousness... here r some of the situation i can remember:

1. pilot use un-updated map and he flies towards the control airspace... which one is the error?
a. the usage of the un-updated map
b. flying towards control airspace
c. near mid collision

2. pilot trains for the emergency procedures for landing (drill), instead of saying 70kt, he said 80 knots... which error?
a. handling error
b. communication error
c. procedural error

I didn't do well for my HPL... Need to sit for it again... Well, of course i will learn something from my mistakes...

Cheers,
Gib

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds