Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL HPL question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Finally finished

• brentonrule
  • Topic Author

brentonrule created the topic: Finally finished

Well, as I wrote to Bob in a private email I have now finished all the exams for the CPL. It has been a wonderful experience and without Bob and Richard, would not have been possible for me to 'home study'.

A bitter sweet result with HPL - I got high 90s in all Bob's study text, I knew the CAAP backwards, I expected high 90s when I had completed all the exam questions and was feeling very positive - but again, CASA had other ideas. Either their questions/answers are wrong or Bob's are wrong - my money is on Bob being right and CASA being wrong. Their questions/answers according to my KDRS were totally off the mark. Simple things like a definition of an undesirable a/c state. I could go on and on but I won't bore you.

Suffice to say I now have to get through the medical, and the fligh test. If all goes well I'll be doing what I love for as long as I can.

I wish you all success, enjoyment and safety as you too go along this journey. :cheer:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: Finally finished

Congratulations Brenton! The end of the first stage. Now the fun really starts with the CPL flight test :evil: It has been great following your progress through the subjects and I'm glad we were able to help in some way.

Don't forget about us all on the forums though! Keep us updated on your progress and keep those films coming. They're always interesting mate.

Cheers and all the best, Brenton

Rich

• brentonrule
  • Topic Author

brentonrule replied the topic: Flight Test

Thanks Richard - I have been off the air a bit. Travelling o/s and Stella and I just got back yesterday from a 15 hour cross country trip (9 days) to SA flying a friend's Arrow. It was fantastic. Swan Hill, Loxton, Port Lincoln, Tumby Bay, Adelaide, Great Ocean Road, Tyabb and home to Bairnsdale.

Have been practicing the basics of the 1:60's and DR nav and it is amazing how you forget all this after using a GPS for a long time.

Anyway now have my class 1 medical and hoping to get the flight test knocked over in the next month or so.

I am still perusing the forums and find some gems of information in these so keep up the good work.

Regards.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds