Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin

My take on CASA exam technique

• tech1
  • Topic Author

tech1 created the topic: My take on CASA exam technique

G'day,

Having plowed my way through quite a bit of study material and exams both real and practice I have often been asked by non aviation people or aspiring pilots regarding the study and exam system. I summarize as follows.

"Due to the seriousness of the flying environment there is obviously quite a high level of knowledge required, to meet this requirement CASA examine pilots, normally exams would consist of normal question and answers similar to school or uni, however this would result in enormous cost to CASA (and therefore the student) to administrate this, so multiple choice questions are used, now the layman will assume that this makes exams easier which under normal circumstances it would, however CASA have a trick up their sleeve to make sure this is not the case, and so the convoluted question and almost correct multiple answers are born!"

It took me a while to realize the lengths CASA go to to ensure the system does really 'examine' your knowledge, once I did I began to really learn their style and read the questions and answers very very carefully.

Good luck to all!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ray

Ray replied the topic: My take on CASA exam technique

Yep, but CASA get a fair number wrong too. And to appeal costs you $$$.

Fair, not fair?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds