Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin

Tips for Homestudy Success

• Richard
  • Topic Author

Richard created the topic: Tips for Homestudy Success

This post was made by Andrew1 in another forum but it contains some very good tips and encouragement for students so I have brought a copy of it over here. Thanks for some good information Andrew!

You can read the original thread in the "Help and Suggestions" forum

Over to you Andrew:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brook

brook replied the topic: Re: Tips for Homestudy Success

Thanks Andrew,

I really appreciate your candid and very helpful email. I will print it out and stick it on the wall in front of my computer.

Good luck with your career!!

If I can contribute anything I will but you are way ahead of me with your exams, so probably offer the best advice!!

Brook

• Aviatordan

Aviatordan replied the topic: Re: Tips for Homestudy Success

This topic is of great help to me, as a home study CPL candidate!

An addition to going over what the syllabus says is actually taking notes on all the syllabus 'dot-points'.

What I do, is get the syllabus and break it down to every point and take notes on each of them. You end up with what my old physics teacher likes to call a 'dot-point summary' which is great for revision. It's kind of like you're using the syllabus point as an exam question that you have to answer...

• grahamjrees

grahamjrees replied the topic: Re: Tips for Homestudy Success

What a great thread! So helpful.

I downloaded the CASA syllabus here for free (I hope it's the right one!)

www.casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?WCMS:STANDARD::pc=PC_90013

• Claw

Claw replied the topic: Re: Tips for Homestudy Success

Thanks Andrew(and Richard for posting). As a relatively senior member of this learning to fly thing, I found your study tips to be most informative. Not having had to study at this level for quite some time, you have given me some very useful tips on trying to maximise the retaining power of the brain. And believe me, the older you get, the harder it is to retain the information. But once it is embedded, then its there for long term. It also makes a big difference when you are studying something that is of interest to you. All the very best to you in your endeavours.
Claw.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds