Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× If you have any suggestions on how we can improve this site or if you are having problems with any our products e.g. books, cyberexams or the website, please use this forum to let us know. Technical questions on subjects can be posted to the "Questions and Answers" section below.

RPL/PPL Volume 1 - Wind Conversion pg326

• zegnaangelo
  • Topic Author

zegnaangelo created the topic: RPL/PPL Volume 1 - Wind Conversion pg326

Hi I bought this book and when doing the cross-wind conversion exercises it refers me to to GEN CON 8 in the ERSA.

Now i bought a June 2022 ERSA but cannot for the life of me find this. Has it been removed? And what do we do if this question is asked in the examination (suppose you need to buy/print the AIP?)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 239

Stuart Tait replied the topic: RPL/PPL Volume 1 - Wind Conversion pg326

G'day

Your correct they removed the tables from ERSA so you have to see AIP GEN 2.6 -5 I have changed the reference in the book.

Sorry for the confusion

Cheers

• zegnaangelo
  • Topic Author

zegnaangelo replied the topic: RPL/PPL Volume 1 - Wind Conversion pg326

Cool thanks for that.

Do you know if this is a critical document to bring into the exam? I was counting on only brining in the VFR and ERSA and save some money and not buy the AIP book! I have these tables on my ASA Flight Computer (but only showing 10knot increments...). I suppose if i get a question on crosswind calculations at say 35knots, I can average the values but may be off by 1knot (rounding)?

• Thank you received: 239

Stuart Tait replied the topic: RPL/PPL Volume 1 - Wind Conversion pg326

You once were Ok to bring just the VFRG and ERSA instead of the Regs and AIP, I'd say that is probably still the case, but CASA has been reviewing questions and the CASR's may be needed.

This is the link to the materials CASA says you need, www.casa.gov.au/licences-and-certificate...ence-aeroplane-exams

Best of luck with the exams

Cheers

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds