Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× If you have any suggestions on how we can improve this site or if you are having problems with any our products e.g. books, cyberexams or the website, please use this forum to let us know. Technical questions on subjects can be posted to the "Questions and Answers" section below.

CASA PPL Exam

• mhopper
  • Topic Author

mhopper created the topic: CASA PPL Exam

Hi all. I'm writing about my current status on my PPL exams. i have sat 2 PPL exams with no luck, the first i scored 69% just missed out, sat it again today and scored a disappointing 53%. i use all the bob tait 2015 book practise questions and i know them all back to front, but when it comes to the exam it seems only 2-4 questions in the bob tait book appear. I know my stuff, i have sat many practise exams and pass them all it's just a problem when i'm in the exam and i'm not sure if it's just comprehension (as casa likes to word their questions a certain way) or some of the knowledge is just not covered like GNSS, MAP and so on. i have my third and final attempt before i have to be locked out for 3 months which i don't want to do. My flying is up to scratch it's just that exam is my main barrier now. Any help or criticism would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ceeanus

ceeanus replied the topic: CASA PPL Exam

jeez, this is worrying I am about to sit mine tomorrow and have only studied Bob Tait theory books as well and did his practice exams. I have seen that people are recommending to study the ATC books as well as Bob to get a better understanding and more information. Good luck in future exams you got me worried now. :{

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: CASA PPL Exam

Gidday mhopper
Learning the answers to specific questions until you "know them all back to front" does not mean you will do well in the CASA exam. It doesn't matter what book or books you have, learning questions and answers is not likely to get you through. There is no substitute for carefully reading the text and making your own notes as you go. Also, the books are constantly being updated. If you buy a book in 2015, it's important to sit the exam within a reasonable time after that. The PPL book is now called 'RPL/PPL VOLUME 2' and it does now cover RNAV/GNSS. If, by MAP you are referring to manifold pressure, you will find that covered in the general knowledge 'top up' towards the back of the book (page 363 on in the current volume).

All the best with your next attempt. Please use this forum if you have any questions or run into problems as you go.

• ceeanus

ceeanus replied the topic: CASA PPL Exam

well today I sat the casa ppl exam and passed with 82%. Finally!!! This was my first attempt by the way. So happy to have passed this huge barrier (huge for me anyway). Thanks Bob for what you do, your books are very very good!

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds