Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL AGK question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Config of the oil system

• Thank you received: 3

HPOUND created the topic: Config of the oil system

In the current AGK book (page 22), it shows the config of the wet and dry sump oil systems.

In the dry sump system, I'm wondering what the engineering logic is behind placing the temp gauge b/w the scavenge pump and the cooler? The oil will potentially be (too) hot coming out of the sump, however that's why we have a cooler. I would have thought you would want to know the temp of the oil before it enters the engine (just like on the wet sump system, once again after the cooler).

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Config of the oil system

Thanks for your feed-back on that one. I've checked it out and I've been advised that, although there are different configurations out there, the most common is to check pressure and temperature just before the oil goes into the gallery. I'll make a change to the diagram in the next print of the book.

Cheers.
Bob
The following user(s) said Thank You: HPOUND

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds