Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL AGK question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Cabin fire extinguishers

• deanosky
  • Topic Author

deanosky created the topic: Cabin fire extinguishers

Is CO2 Still considered the option for cabin/cockpit fire extinguishers? Or could there be another option i know halon is used in some cabin hand held extinguishers. In a test situation what would be the best response.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mkjaw66

Mkjaw66 replied the topic: Cabin fire extinguishers

I picked CO2 and got it wrong next time, I will pick halon or BCF.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Cabin fire extinguishers

Halon is the best choice. Powder fire extinguishers leave a corrosive residue and are not recommended in the cockpit environment.
Cheers,
Rich

• DanTesta

DanTesta replied the topic: Cabin fire extinguishers

Hi Richard

I've come across this question on both of my failed attempts and I've read that the halon gas is likely to cause irritation to the eyes and nose if used inside the cockpit area, so going against this, both times I've answered c02 because they are non toxic and leave no damaging residue and have been wrong, so I'm a little bit bamboozled? Is this because the c02 may replace the air in the small area of an unpressurised aircraft cabin?

Dan

• grandsalami

grandsalami replied the topic: Cabin fire extinguishers

Its quite interesting that CASA even ask the question in regards to halon as even with a quick google search I can't seem to find anything that states halon is to be used in cockpit fires or why its suited over co2 ect.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds