Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL AGK question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

AGK Pg 3.15 Errata ?

• KILOKILOWHISKEY
  • Topic Author

KILOKILOWHISKEY created the topic: AGK Pg 3.15 Errata ?

Hi Bob and /or Richard,

I was just touching up on my CPL subjects and came across AGK Pg 3.15 on Specific Ground Range ( this to establish Gallons per Nautical mile ) the book however noted SGR to establish miles per gallon. Also It is my understanding that the formula for SGR is....and as it states on the Performance book to be Fuel Flow over Groundspeed, whereas the book states it's Groundspeed over fuel flow. Now I have check the Errata page however do not see any update. Hope you can clarify this itch for me. I've pass all 7 nonetheless, thanks to your very well equipped text books.

Regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: AGK Pg 3.15 Errata ?

A search of the web indicates that, depending on which book you read, both ground speed ÷ fuel flow and fuel flow ÷ ground speed may be called specific ground range. In the book, I have referred to ground speed ÷ fuel flow ' as ground nautical miles per gallon' [pretty obvious], and fuel flow ÷ ground speed as specific ground range. I'd be interested in hearing other opinions. Feed back from students indicates the CASA does not ask for a definition of the term and either formula will allow you to accurately calculate the flight fuel required given ground speed, distance and fuel flow. That is, Distance ÷ Ground Nautical Miles per Gallon gives the same answer as Gallons per Mile x Distance.

• KILOKILOWHISKEY
  • Topic Author

KILOKILOWHISKEY replied the topic: AGK Pg 3.15 Errata ?

Thanks for clearing that up Bob.

Regards.

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds