Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL AGK question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Exercise GK 5, Question 24

• sydpilot
  • Topic Author

sydpilot created the topic: Exercise GK 5, Question 24

Hi,

A question on qestion 24 from the book.

If the static source is blocked, the instrument which will overread in a descent is

a) altimeter
b) airspeed indicator
c) vertical speed indicator
d) artifical horizon

The answer in the book is b) but I believe I can interpret a) as correct as well. The altimeter would freeze at the height of the blockage but if a descent is started, it would should a false reading, it would overread. Is this not correct?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Exercise GK 5, Question 24

Hi sydpilot,

Good point and shows you are using your noggin. I guess if you are descending a frozen altimeter could be interpreted as "over-reading" your height. Thanks for pointing it out, we'll take another look at the question.

Cheers,

RIch

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Exercise GK 5, Question 24

I guess it's another case of English usage. My interpretation would be that an altimeter with a blocked static source would not be not functioning at all. You couldn't really say that it was over or under reading - it would be unserviceable.

Bob

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds