Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL AGK question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Purging vapour from fuel lines in FI engines

• Doug
  • Topic Author

Doug created the topic: Purging vapour from fuel lines in FI engines

I noticed the sample test question (in the book) regarding purging the fuel vapour from FI engine fuel lines.

I understand now after some googling that in some engines or perhaps I should say aircraft, that when the mixture is set for idle cutoff this opens a valve in the mixture spider and fuel is returned to the tank via a return valve.

Is this generally true of all engine installations or is it typical of continental engines only?

From what I have seen, mostly Lycoming powered aircraft none have had this purge feature.

Perhaps a few words in the text about this would be useful, if not for exam prep just for general information.

Doug

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Purging vapour from fuel lines in FI engines

Doug

Sorry about the long delay in replying to your post, but I wanted to check with an engineer mate because I wasn't sure of the answer myself. I still haven't heard back from him, but as soon as I do, I'll post a reply for the benefit of other students. Congratulations on your pass!!!

Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds