Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL AGK question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Page 4.27 Sample Question 61

• Doug
  • Topic Author

Doug created the topic: Page 4.27 Sample Question 61

Turbocharger develops an exhaust leak upstream of the waste gate - immediate result for an auto waste gate I understood to be 'no effect' since like the induction leak the auto system would compensate for the loss and further close the w/g. But this is not the correct answer.

I understood a reduction in power would only apply to the non auto options.

If my understanding is correct ( probably not) answer a is correct for non auto w/g systems and answer b for auto w/g systems.

Do I need to assume that the question applies to non auto w/g systems unless auto is mentioned in the question? Or, why then is answer a correct for all turbocharger systems?

Thanks again,
Doug

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Page 4.27 Sample Question 61

Hi Doug,

Your reasoning is sound and this question does seem to refer to the effect on manifold pressure with non-automatic waste gate control. We'll take a look at it as it might need tweaking a bit to avoid any ambiguity.

Cheers,

Rich

• Doug
  • Topic Author

Doug replied the topic: Page 4.27 Sample Question 61

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the prompt response. Glad I have understood correctly, the text was clear.

Doug

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds