Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL AGK question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Passed AGK, phew!

• Aviatordan
  • Topic Author

Aviatordan created the topic: Passed AGK, phew!

G'day everyone,

I just had my AGK exam and passed with an unexpected 93%! I just figured I'd give all those who haven't done the exam yet a little insight into what you can expect.

There were about 3 questions on static port blockages and 1 on pitot blockage. Nothing fancy, almost the same wording as in the BT text book.

There were quite a few on super/turbo charged engines. Mainly focusing on what happens when you advance the throttle with regards to MAP and not exceeding rated boost. They also threw one in there that asked about the critical altitude. I only had one with regards to a leak upstream of the waste gate in the exhaust system which was worded pretty much the same as in the exercises.

There was only one on detonation and it just gave a scenario that would be likely to cause it, again nothing fancy. There were two questions on fuel grades, one about colour and one about what happens if you use the incorrect grade.

There were a few on the electrical system. One about circuit breakers and their function and one on each of the types on ammeters (I.e. centre and left hand zero) and how to correctly interpret them. Voltmeters also came up in a question about what they will indicate if the alternator fails. There was also one question that gave a list of equipment and their loads and asked how long the battery would last if the alternator failed.

There was one on the hydraulic system that simply asked about the accumulator and it's function within the system.

From memory there were either 2 or 3 on carburettor ice. One on how and when to use carby heat, and two on the effects of carby heat when there is and isn't ice present.

There were also a few on fire detection systems. One asking what gets tested when you press the test switch (which was confusing as they used a whole lot of terminology I've not come across before) and one asking which extinguishing agent is most used in hand held extinguishers.

That's all I can remember right now! Just be careful and be prepared to compromise on terminology. That is, you may be used to the name of something, for example in my case I was used to "fire wire loop", but CASA thought that it just wasn't confusing enough to use that term, so they called it something completely different. You just have to pick the answer that seems to be the closest to what you're used to.

I hope this helps! But remember, this was just my experience, you've still gotta know everything because you're more than likely not going to get the same questions as me!

Good luck!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: Passed AGK, phew!

Congrats Dan! Great result! Thanks for the exam review too. Enough information to be useful without being a question dump. Your advice is spot on too. You've got to know your stuff and if you do, you'll be fine.

Good work mate!

Cheers,

Rich

• Aviatordan
  • Topic Author

Aviatordan replied the topic: Re: Passed AGK, phew!

Thanks heaps Rich! I just love the fact that the examiners referenced the BT textbook for their questions! =P

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Passed AGK, phew!

Dan

You're a legend mate!! That's an absolutely fabulously amazing mark for AGK. I don't see it very often - that's for sure.

Onwards and upwards.......

• Aviatordan
  • Topic Author

Aviatordan replied the topic: Re: Passed AGK, phew!

Haha thanks, Bob! I was so surprised when that mark popped up on the screen.

But you know, it's all got to do with the quality of the text book you use!

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds