Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL AGK question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

AGK here we go

• Megzy505
  • Topic Author

Megzy505 created the topic: AGK here we go

Rightio....

Who can help me define what fuel vaporisation is!??
Cause i keep thinking i know what it is, intil a question pops up and i get wrong or i go blank in the face...

Thanks all :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: AGK here we go

Vaporisation of fuel [vapour locking], is caused when the fuel in the lines becomes too hot and turns into pockets of gas. If no gas is present, when the pump pushes at one end, fuel must flow out at the other end.

However, when a pocket of vapour forms, the pump pushes, but the vapour simply compresses and no fuel is forced out. Vapour locking [or vaporisation], can cause the fuel to stop flowing to the engine!!

Vaporisation is rarely a problem in engines with carburetors, however it is a distinct possibility in fuel injected engines, especially if the fuel is hot and a demand for high power is made. Boost pumps are used to reduce the possibility of vaporisation.
Attachments:

• Bungee

Bungee replied the topic: Re: AGK here we go

The questions I got in the Casa exam were about under what conditions would it occur and what would you do about it type of questions if that help you...

• Megzy505
  • Topic Author

Megzy505 replied the topic: Re: AGK here we go

Thanks.... for your help everyone!!

I passed first time YAY!! :D
only one more to go

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds