Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL AGK question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Blocked Fuel Injector

• Bungee
  • Topic Author

Bungee created the topic: Blocked Fuel Injector

A quick question.

In exercise GK3, Question 32. The question asked that if you had a blocked fuel injector, in a system that included a pressure transducer fuel metering system, what indication would you get?

I can see 2 correct answers, and would like to know if I am mistaken?

Firstly, I understand you would see an increase in fuel pressure due to the back up of gas, but wouldn't you also see a lower than expected fuel flow? As the increased pressure would be interpreted as a reduced fuel flow, and I guess the fuel flow may even be reduced by the blocked injector?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Blocked Fuel Injector

You would get a higher fuel pressure reading because the effect is similar to putting your thumb over a hose outlet. However in these systems, the fuel flow meter is really just a fuel pressure meter calibrated to indicate flow. While the system is working normally, an increased fuel pressure would be accompanied by an increased fuel flow. However, a blocked injector causes the pressure to increase, but the actual flow decreases. The instrument gives a false indication of increased flow because of the increased pressure.

• Bungee
  • Topic Author

Bungee replied the topic: Re: Blocked Fuel Injector

Thanks Bob. Just so I am clear. The fuel flow meter in a pressure transducer fuel metering system shows an increased fuel flow with increased fuel pressure, and a decreased fuel flow with a decrease in pressure?

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds