Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the enquiries forum. this is the place to ask questions relating to our books, our courses or the school. If you have a more specific problem relating to aviation theory, check out the Question and Answer forums. That's the best place to post your technical questions.

Are CAR/CAO/CASR/AIP regulations quoted in CASA exams?

• Thank you received: 0

phlegm created the topic: Are CAR/CAO/CASR/AIP regulations quoted in CASA exams?

Hi,

I've been working through the Air Law textbook and most of the practice exams provide the relevant regulation in the question (e.g. CAR 256, AIP ENR 1.1-5 etc).

Is this typical in the actual CASA exam, or do they ask the questions with no reference to the regulations? Or is it a combination of both?

I feel reasonably ready if references are provided, and not remotely there yet if not.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Are CAR/CAO/CASR/AIP regulations quoted in CASA exams?

No. The exam questions will not provide you with references. The reason I have given references in the early part of the book is to allow students to check the reference in the initial stages of learning. Otherwise you wouldn't know where to begin and it would become very frustrating - especially for home-study students. You will notice that later in the book, the references are not always given, or if they are, they are given in the answer but not in the question text. This is also true for the on-line exam preps.

I have also produced an publication that gives extracts from the CAO, CAR, CASR that are relevant to the CPL exam. This document is approved by CASA for you to bring into the exam room.

It is available from our web page. It does not include the AIP however, so you will have to be familiar with that document and its content.

• Thank you received: 0

phlegm replied the topic: Are CAR/CAO/CASR/AIP regulations quoted in CASA exams?

Thanks Bob. I did notice your later quizzes don't have references, I found them much more challenging.

I've printed the extract you mention and had it bound, and I have a hardcopy of the AIP Book tagged and highlighted. Just a matter of getting more familiar with where everything is (especially where the information is split across multiple sections!).

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds