Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the enquiries forum. this is the place to ask questions relating to our books, our courses or the school. If you have a more specific problem relating to aviation theory, check out the Question and Answer forums. That's the best place to post your technical questions.

Textbooks

• laurannmitchell
  • Topic Author

laurannmitchell created the topic: Textbooks

Hi there,

I've just completed my PPL training and will be starting study for the CPL subjects within the next 2 weeks.
I have copies of 2003/2004 editions of each CPL textbook, but I'm wondering if it would be more beneficial to find more recent copies.

My question is - what are the major differences in the revised copies vs. the earlier copies?

Thank you!
Laura

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Textbooks

G'day Laura

The differences in copies that old are quite frankly too numerous to list, you could get away with Aerodynamics and General Knowledge as long as you check the errata page www.bobtait.com.au/updates-and-errata but with all the others there have been far too many changes for books that old to by useful in helping you pass the exams.

hope that helps

Cheers

• laurannmitchell
  • Topic Author

laurannmitchell replied the topic: Textbooks

Hey Stuart,

Sorry about the late reply. Thank you though I found that very helpful. I've just sat and passed my meteorology exam and navigation is this Friday! I've definitely found a few differences in the old textbook. I'm hoping I'll be alright in the exam.

Cheers,
Laura

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Textbooks

G'day Laura

Congratulations on the pass for Met and all the best for Nav.

Just a thought about the other texts if you haven't done anything about them an option is to use our E-Texts as it's a considerable amount cheaper than the printed book and is always up to date online.bobtait.com.au/course/index.php?categoryid=2

Cheers

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds