Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the enquiries forum. this is the place to ask questions relating to our books, our courses or the school. If you have a more specific problem relating to aviation theory, check out the Question and Answer forums. That's the best place to post your technical questions.

PPL KDR

• Sam.winney
  • Topic Author

Sam.winney created the topic: PPL KDR

Evening everyone,

I sat my ppl exam yesterday first attempt and received an angry 69%. Now one item that is on my KDR is pitot static system. The question was:
If the static port becomes blocked which instruments will show false readings
1.VSI
2.ASI
3.Altimeter
4. All pressure gauges.

My answer was all pressure gauges. After reading up on this again the way I read the information is that a blocked static port will effect all pressure gauges.
Am I missing something?
Thanks for your help in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: PPL KDR

'All pressure gauges' would include fuel pressure and oil pressure, so I don't think you can choose that one. The ASI and the altimeter would certainly have errors and the VSI would be isolated from the ambient pressure so it would read zero except for momentary fluctuations if it was an inertial lead VSI.

So there seems to be something wrong with your recollection of the wording of the question because 1, 2, and 3 would all show false readings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds