Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the enquiries forum. this is the place to ask questions relating to our books, our courses or the school. If you have a more specific problem relating to aviation theory, check out the Question and Answer forums. That's the best place to post your technical questions.

Compass direction with deviation card

• roycampbell
  • Topic Author

roycampbell created the topic: Compass direction with deviation card

Hi all,

Having troubles in the Navigation workbook (for PPL and CPL). Exercise; ‘True, Magnetic and Compass Direction’. This is a table on page 3 in the the workbook

I convert all the true directions to magnetic and fill in the variations where applicable, however when converting magnetic to Compass direction and check the answers I got a few wrong but the rest correct. I re checked and asked a couple pilots but both got the same answer as myself.

Example of one I got wrong:
Magnetic direction is 301 degrees
Deviation card: 300 degrees M = steer 301degrees C ... 330 degrees M = Steer 330 degrees C
I got 302 degrees compass, however the answers in the rear of the book say 301 degrees instead.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Compass direction with deviation card

G'day Roy

I have to agree with you it looks like a typo, have to say your the only one who has picked up on it.

Thanks for the feedback I'll change that in the workbook

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds