Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the enquiries forum. this is the place to ask questions relating to our books, our courses or the school. If you have a more specific problem relating to aviation theory, check out the Question and Answer forums. That's the best place to post your technical questions.

Grid Point Wind & Temp Forecast

• filhere
  • Topic Author

filhere created the topic: Grid Point Wind & Temp Forecast

Hi Bob. A question if I may. In your note at the time of the introduction of the GAFs and grid point wind and temp forecasts (GPWT), you say in relation to GPWTs - “Sometimes, high terrain in a certain area may cause the 1000ft or 2000ft levels to be below ground level. When this happens, the data for those levels will be replaced by dashed lines.” However, every time I look at the GPWTs around Melbourne there are only dashes for the first few 1000 feet. Of course Melbourne and surrounds are not that high. Do the dashes mean something different in this case? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Grid Point Wind & Temp Forecast

It's because the model doesn't have data for those items if you look at all the GWPT charts around the country you'll see the same thing

Cheers

• filhere
  • Topic Author

filhere replied the topic: Grid Point Wind & Temp Forecast

Thanks Stuart. It’s a fairly large well used section of airspace with no data! Any suggestions on what I should use?

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Grid Point Wind & Temp Forecast

Well looking at one GPWT from this morning I'd average from neighbouring squares since they only apply to the centre of the square anyway

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds