PPL Video Lectures covering Aerodynamics, General Knowledge, Performance, Meteorology And Navigation are now available through our website see front page for details.
Welcome to the enquiries forum. this is the place to ask questions relating to our books, our courses or the school. If you have a more specific problem relating to aviation theory, check out the Question and Answer forums. That's the best place to post your technical questions.
Questions - CMET
Raji created the topic: Questions - CMET
Can you please help me with these questions which I found on some of the online forums and am struggling to find the answers:
1. What do the wind values in the GPWT charts represent ?
a) Max wind
b) Min wind
c) Average wind
d) From weather report data
Is it the average wind?
2. What are the flying conditions near Kelvin-Helmholtz Wave Clouds?
Couldn’t find this one in BT textbook
3. Air behind the forward flank of a downdraft associated with a severe TS consists of ___________ and behind the rear flank consists of __________?
warm moist air - cool dry air
hot dry air - warm moist air
cool dry air - warm moist air
hot dry air - cool moist air
4. Flying conditions above and below an inversion
5. Will the flying conditions be smooth or turbulent below the inversion and what about above the inversion?
Thanks a lot Bob for the help. Completed CMET yesterday and 3 others AGK, Aerodynamics, and Performance averaging on 85%, relying on your wonderful textbooks and online exams. Can’t really say how thankful I am.
If you could include more questions in the online exam which are not in the textbooks would help more, for people like me doing home study. Once again thank you so much.
That's great news Raji. Thanks for the feedback it is appreciated. We have been looking at rewording some of the on-line questions. I agree that would be a worthwhile project. It looks like you are well on the way to completion,