Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the enquiries forum. this is the place to ask questions relating to our books, our courses or the school. If you have a more specific problem relating to aviation theory, check out the Question and Answer forums. That's the best place to post your technical questions.

cir part 6 question3

• dennis82
  • Topic Author

dennis82 created the topic: cir part 6 question3

from albury to swan hill take 70 min and the nominated aerodrome mildura take another 40 min. due to the weather ,we have to divert to mildura. but in mildura the alternate minima is 1073" and 4.4 km.

taf ymia 121845z1220/13018015kt 9999 ra shra few 1000 sct 20 ovc 1000
inter 1302/1308 3000 bkn010

the arrival time is 0700

but i dont understand why i dont need to consider the 30 min holding time in this question??

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: cir part 6 question3

ENR 1.10 para 1.2.5 says that the TAF you are using must be valid for 30 minutes before and 60 minutes after your ETA.

Your ETA is the time that you first arrive over the destination. If the destination requires holding, the TAF does not have to be valid for 60 minutes after the holding period, it only has to be valid for 60 minutes after your ETA. The holding is allowed for in the 60 minutes.

• dennis82
  • Topic Author

dennis82 replied the topic: cir part 6 question3

Then I don't understand , the example on page 181 which is included 30 min holding fuel.

What is the difference?

• dennis82
  • Topic Author

dennis82 replied the topic: cir part 6 question3

For my understanding, is it because the taf is no longer valid, therefore I don't need to consider the 30 min holding fuel in cirset 1 question 3?

On page 181 example, the holding requirements is still within the valid period. Thus, we have to consider 30 min holding

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: cir part 6 question3

The difference is that in the Albury, Swan Hill question, you are being asked the latest departure time that would allow you to use that TAF. If the question had asked you for the minimum fuel required, that's an entirely different thing because you would still have to carry the holding fuel.

The TAF is still valid until the end of the validity time stated.

In the example on page 181, the question is asking for the minimum fuel required.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds