Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the enquiries forum. this is the place to ask questions relating to our books, our courses or the school. If you have a more specific problem relating to aviation theory, check out the Question and Answer forums. That's the best place to post your technical questions.

cpl performance

• captainamir
  • Topic Author

captainamir created the topic: cpl performance

hello
i have recieved the perfomance CPL cd
when i installed it asks for media key?
how and where can i get media key?

thanks
amir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: cpl performance

Hi Amir,

There's a walkthrough of registering the disc in the Online School forum here on this site.

Here's the direct link:

The Offline Media Companion Disc (Updated)

To summarise though, you will find the media key in the "Media Keys" block which is waiting for you at the online school. Login there with the credentials I sent you per email and the Media Keys block is on the left hand side of the page.

Let me know if you get stuck.

Cheers,

Rich

• prasandeepak

prasandeepak replied the topic: Re: cpl performance

i want to know about full defination about
TODA,TORA,TORA, ASDA, LDA, ASDR, ASDA

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: cpl performance

G'day and welcome to the forums!

The definitions you are after are described in ERSA Intro-23 and also in the first chapter of Bob's CPL Performance textbook but here's a summary:

TORA "Take-Off Run Avaialable": this is the amount of runway available for the ground run of the aircraft during a normal take-off. It's usually the physical length of the runway.

TODA "Take-off Distance Available": This is how much is available for the completed take-off, that is, the ground roll plus climb out to 50 ft. So, the TODA is TORA plus any clearway.

ASDA "Accelerate Stop Distance Available": this is the TORA plus the length of any stopway. The stopway is there to provide a useable surface for an overrun during an aborted take-off.

LDA "Landing Distance Available": this is the amount of runway available for the ground run of a landing aircraft.

ASDR "Accelerate Stop Distance Required": is the expected accelerate stop distance that an aircraft will need should a take-off be aborted at V1 ("Decision speed"). This distance will vary depending on the ambient conditions, the aircraft performance, loading etc.

Check out the ERSA and the textbook for more info. Good luck with your studies!

Cheers,

Rich

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds