Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the enquiries forum. this is the place to ask questions relating to our books, our courses or the school. If you have a more specific problem relating to aviation theory, check out the Question and Answer forums. That's the best place to post your technical questions.

Guidance Needed On The Best Direction To Take

• alantheflyer
  • Topic Author

alantheflyer created the topic: Guidance Needed On The Best Direction To Take

I hold a PPL with C/S & Retractable endorsements and have around 250 hours. I am returning to GA after a break of almost 25 years during which time much has changed. My aim is to undertake purely recreational flying (hopefully lots of grass strips!). I probably have a limited need to use CTA's or to fly above 10,000ft. My flying will be strictly daytime VFR but could be of any distance (certainly in excess of 25mls).

My question is (medicals notwithstanding) should I pursue a reactivation of my full PPL as I already possess it or go with the RePL with additional endorsements for Nav, CTA etc...?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Regards to all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3

HPOUND replied the topic: Guidance Needed On The Best Direction To Take

I spent some time pondering the PPL / RePL choice, and in the end I decided it made sense to go for the more flexible licence. Nav is pretty good fun, and you never know when you'll find yourself wanting to pop into CTA (shorter distance home, weather etc). Who knows what other endorsements and ratings will take your fancy down the track (night, IFR, ME?)

Maybe things have changed, but I also have vague recollection that RePL limits you to two-seaters, and that's a bit of a nuisance if you're looking to share the fun of flying (and cut the cost) by doing trips with more than one friend.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alantheflyer

• alantheflyer
  • Topic Author

alantheflyer replied the topic: Guidance Needed On The Best Direction To Take

Thanks for your perspective. I have given it more thought and come to the same conclusion for, largely, the same reasons.

Best of luck and thanks again

Alan

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds