Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the enquiries forum. this is the place to ask questions relating to our books, our courses or the school. If you have a more specific problem relating to aviation theory, check out the Question and Answer forums. That's the best place to post your technical questions.

Finding wind direction

• boeing777mark
  • Topic Author

boeing777mark created the topic: Finding wind direction

Hi guys I'm having trouble with anticipating wind direction for example the wind direction at Melbourne says it's a south westerly. I understand a cold front is a low pressure system (please correct me if that's wrong) so if correct the flows clockwise. But I'm still unsure on how to read that's it's coming from that direction. Just wondering if someone can draw a little example for me. See attached photo. It's just something I can't get my head around. It's my first CPL exam and i find MET pretty hard so want to get it out of the way first.

Thanks in advance
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Finding wind direction

The wind can be imagined to follow the isobars. You can think of the isobars as though they were a road and the wind runs along the road. A low pressure system rotates clockwise. See the figure attached.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds