Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the enquiries forum. this is the place to ask questions relating to our books, our courses or the school. If you have a more specific problem relating to aviation theory, check out the Question and Answer forums. That's the best place to post your technical questions.

performance flight plan

• florenceega@gmail.com
  • Topic Author

florenceega@gmail.com created the topic: performance flight plan

Hi Bob,
I know that fixed reserve and variable reserve are required when doing a flight plan. My question is....is it legal to have both in a flight plan? If so...then where can we refer to for prove?
If anyone can help, I really appreciate it.

Another question is ....if we have a right cross wind, do we add to the TRACK MAGNETIC OR SUBTRACT FROM TRACK MAGNETIC TO GET OUR HEADING MAGNETIC?
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: performance flight plan

There is no legal requirement for any specific fuel reserves as far as the CAR/CASR is concerned. It is up to you or your company to stipulate the fuel reserves by adopting a fuel policy. You will find the examination fuel policy for fuel reserves in CAAP 234(1). 45 minutes of fixed reserve is always required and, if the flight is a charter, you need 15% of that flight fuel as a variable reserve.

If you have a cross wind component, you would first have to calculate the amount of drift it would cause. To do that you need to know the magnetic track, the wind velocity (speed and direction) and your TAS.

If you have a cross wind from the right, your heading would have to be to the right of your required magnetic track by the amount of drift (therefore you would add the drift to your track to obtain the heading to fly.

If you have a cross wind from the left, your heading would have to be to the left of your required magnetic track by the amount of drift (therefore you would subtract the drift to your track to obtain the heading to fly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds