Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the enquiries forum. this is the place to ask questions relating to our books, our courses or the school. If you have a more specific problem relating to aviation theory, check out the Question and Answer forums. That's the best place to post your technical questions.

Open Exam #3

• limumeng
  • Topic Author

limumeng created the topic: Open Exam #3

Hi Bob,

Q 19. You depart Andamooka for Oodnadatta in VH-OZY. The Andamooka NDB is unserviceable due to recent storm damage. Your intention is to return to Andamooka should an engine fail in IMC after departure. You plan to track to Oodnadatta via W764.

You are not current on RNAV[GNSS] approaches.

The meteorological minima for your departure Andamooka is a visibility of 5 km and a cloud ceiling of -

ANS: C. 2050

I knew how to calculate and find the answer but my problem was the Jepps , Airport Directory has no elevation info on Andamooka? It just a few lines and contact telephone number of operator.
I flipped to the app charts, no app charts or airfield data as it is a uncertified aerodrome.

But ERSA , has more info ,it has elevation of 250Ft shown. I guess that is where you get the answer.

Luckily this is just practice.

Bob, can we bring Jepps and ERSA along for the exam ?
If No, where else can i find such aerodrome elevation during exam from Jepps?

Thanks

Lim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Open Exam #3

No. We have contacted ASL about Jepp users having access to ERSA because of the too frequent absence of information in Jepps. They have advised that this is definitely a no no [for the life of me I cannot see why!!].

I can't find the elevation of Andamooka anywhere in Jepps either.

I think it's very unfair that people who have just spent a lot of money on buying Jepps are put at a disadvantage in the exam - but unfortunately that seems to be the case.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds