Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the enquiries forum. this is the place to ask questions relating to our books, our courses or the school. If you have a more specific problem relating to aviation theory, check out the Question and Answer forums. That's the best place to post your technical questions.

Second hand books

• Breezz
  • Topic Author

Breezz created the topic: Second hand books

Hi all
I have the chance to buy some second hand books the year is 2004-2006
Are these books still valid or to old for CPL exams. Any advice??
Cheers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Second hand books

Books between 6 and 9 years old will be a long way out of date. Met, Law and HPL will be way out because there have been many significant changes in that time. Aerody, General Knowledge, Performance and Nav might be of some use but be advised that they have also been updated a few times in the past 6 years.

Bob

• STEVE

STEVE replied the topic: Second hand books

GIdday Bob very new to this forum, so hopefully I am posting this question in sorta the right place,firstly a wee bit of history I started down the long & arduous process of getting my OC & controllers certificate to fly a multi rotor in the [2-7kg] class that CASA are proposing.This all started about 12 months ago for me but due to work commitments haven,t had a chance to get back to the books, so here is my question, I brought some books online back then & they are titled PPL exams book 10 by Rob Avery,[4 multi choice practice exams] with focus on CASA PPL Syllabus & exam,
The other book is called private pilot licence,PPL sample 'cyber' exam set .The contents include PPL Sample exams no1 no2 no3 &ppl cpl exam workbook this book is by Val Dyson -Holland are these books still of use to me, or what exactly do I need to get started to get my PPL & BAK as required by CASA any help would be greatly appreciated or if you can point me in the right direction Kind regards Steve.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Second hand books

We do not supply the books you are describing by Dyson-Holland and Rob Avery. Those publications are produced by other theory providers. If you would like to have a look at what we have to offer, go to our web page at www.bobtait.com.au. We offer a number of products for preparation for the CASA PPL and CPL examinations. We have produced hard-copy books and e-texts for every level of study. We also offer full-time classroom courses in all subjects. When your study is complete, we also have on-line practice examinations to help prepare you for the actual CASA examination. Have a look at our web page and compare our products with any of the others available and choose the one that suits you best. Whatever your decision, we wish you every success in your study. I'm sure you will find joining the flying community a satisfying and rewarding experience.

Regards

• STEVE

STEVE replied the topic: Second hand books

Thanks bob for the quick reply,I will go to your bookstore & just get latest & greatest BAK +PPL study books thanks again
Regards Steve.

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds