Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the enquiries forum. this is the place to ask questions relating to our books, our courses or the school. If you have a more specific problem relating to aviation theory, check out the Question and Answer forums. That's the best place to post your technical questions.

First solo complete... Now what?

• JRaz
  • Topic Author

JRaz replied the topic: Re: First solo complete... Now what?

It sure was.

Well that is a good way to go about it. Are we all entitled the repayments? And is this at RMIT uni or Swinburne because I went to the RMIT uni open day hehe :) what ATAR ( enter score) do you need to get in the uni you are at? Oh and lastly when am I able to take friends up for a flight without the instructor?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tom.RQM

Tom.RQM replied the topic: Re: First solo complete... Now what?

What do you mean by "Are we all entitled the repayments?"? Pretty much, the government loans you a certain amount of money and you will gradually pay that off once you begin earning above a certain salary - it is just taken out as tax.

I'm at Swinburne doing the bachelor of aviation - This may be biased (I did a lot of research into other uni's) and I personally believe that Swinburne's Aviation degree is miles ahead of others in Australia. It is a lot of work, but the rewards are just magnificent! Plus you get to do a Multi Crew Cooperation Course and a Jet Orientation Course in their CRJ jet simulator (in 3rd year). If you do decide to join us at Swinburne, make sure you do year 12 physics - its incredibly important for first year.
As for enterence, its not so much based on ATAR as such (so go for your best - anything about 65 and you'll be fine), its more done on aptitude testing (COMPASS testing - have a look online) and a formal interview.

You'll be able to take your friends flying (without an instructor) once you pass the GFPT (then you can go to your local training area, but no further) and then after PPL you can go anywhere!!!

• JRaz
  • Topic Author

JRaz replied the topic: Re: First solo complete... Now what?

Oh sorry I misunderstood you... I thought the government pays for the course and you don't pay them back haha I get it now don't mind that question lol... Well in that case I may skip the uni side of things. We'll just see about it. I'm currently doing all the hardest subjects as I am now in year 10 an have been granted the opportunity to start VCE earlier than the rest but I don't see the benefits in this in regards to the airline industry's concerns about VCE studies... Hmmm well I am doing maths methods chemistry and physics as well as a few extra subjects as I eter VCE next year.

Wow well that will be soon for me my GFPT isn't so far after all :D

You know everything there is to know!! Thakyou so much, you have been so helpful and goodluck with your studies :)

Jamie

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds