Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the enquiries forum. this is the place to ask questions relating to our books, our courses or the school. If you have a more specific problem relating to aviation theory, check out the Question and Answer forums. That's the best place to post your technical questions.

Current versions & updates to Bob Tait text books

• Kristy
  • Topic Author

Kristy created the topic: Current versions & updates to Bob Tait text books

Hi,

I was looking to purchase the PPL text book, however I wanted to make sure I was going to get the most up to date version, including any changes. I found the section on the website that advises the issue dates of current versions of the books, however is there a way you can advertise when the next version of the books will be made/released?

I'm hoping to avoid buying the current version of the PPL text - Issue 15 (released February 2011), only to have a new version released soon after my purchase. Could you please advise when the next version of the PPL textbook will be released, so I know if I should hold off on buying the current one.

Many thanks :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Current versions & updates to Bob Tait text books

Gidday Kristy

The updates of the books are occasionally necessary to keep pace with changes to CASA's documents. Many of CASA's changes affect only IFR operations so they often have no relevance to PPL material. Generally the BAK and PPL books are fairly stable and most of the changes I have made are formatting changes or improvements to diagrams etc.

We do not have a schedule for routinely bringing out a new issue, but if you have Feb 2011 it will remain current for the next year or so. Often we have made small formatting changes or corrections to the occasional 'typo' that has been discovered. These changes don't justify printing a whole new issue of the book, so they are posted on the web page under 'Books / Errata'. If you keep your eye on the errata for PPL you will be kept up to date on these.

You can confidently go ahead with the Feb 2011 version of PPL.

• Kristy
  • Topic Author

Kristy replied the topic: Re: Current versions & updates to Bob Tait text books

Thanks for your reply Bob, much appreciated :)

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds