Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the enquiries forum. this is the place to ask questions relating to our books, our courses or the school. If you have a more specific problem relating to aviation theory, check out the Question and Answer forums. That's the best place to post your technical questions.

VFR [DAY] Study Guide PPL - Air Law Review Q's

• SierraAlphaMike
  • Topic Author

SierraAlphaMike created the topic: VFR [DAY] Study Guide PPL - Air Law Review Q's

Hi,

Just having a little bit of trouble finding some references.
Air Law - Review Questions - Set 2
Question No 4:
"You are to conduct a private flight into a remote area without an ELT. Which condition applies?"

The Answer is (d) "the flight must not be greater than 50 nm"

But I cannot find where it states this in;
CAO 20.11.7.1 or AIP ENR 1.10.2.11 or ENR 1.10 page 7

Hmmm...
Note, I am using all online versions for CAO, and AIP.

Cheers,
Sergei.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brentonrule

brentonrule replied the topic: Re: VFR [DAY] Study Guide PPL - Air Law Review Q's

Hi Sergei.

Check under ELT - CAR 252A page 147 paragraph 1A (2) (a) - Don't worry, this is one of the most tedious subjects and remember it was written by lawyers. They always make it hard to find things.

I created a TOC when I was doing my CPL Air Law that you may find useful. See attached
Attachments:

• SierraAlphaMike
  • Topic Author

SierraAlphaMike replied the topic: Re: VFR [DAY] Study Guide PPL - Air Law Review Q's

Wow, thank you very much Brenton! That Air Law TOC could be just the thing I'm looking for.

I'm glad I'm not the only one you has found it to be such a tedious subject. I've been flying through the rest of the chapters then I hit air law like it was a brick wall.

Cheerio.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: VFR [DAY] Study Guide PPL - Air Law Review Q's

Thanks for that great reply Brenton. The latest version of the book has reference to CAR 252A.

• SierraAlphaMike
  • Topic Author

SierraAlphaMike replied the topic: Re: VFR [DAY] Study Guide PPL - Air Law Review Q's

Ahh, cool as, it's good to know that it keep getting updated.

• SierraAlphaMike
  • Topic Author

Sorry to be a drag and bring this up again but I was going over the questions again and figured that answer B would be much more suitable.
"you must nominate a SARTIME or leave a flight note and the flight must be less than 50nm"

This fills the requirement to submit a SARTIME or leave a flight note when operating in a remote area as required by; AIP ENR 1.10 para 2.11

and

It also fits the requirement that an un-equiped ELT aircraft must not proceed further than 50nm; CAR 252A para 2(a)

Can someone please confirm/deny this please.

Regards, Sergei.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds