SlimHeader

facebook_page_plugin
PPL Video Lectures (10 Jul 2020)

PPL Video Lectures covering Aerodynamics, General Knowledge, Performance, Meteorology And Navigation are now available through our website see front page for details.

Overseas CPL conversion

• calmpilot
  • calmpilot's Avatar Topic Author

calmpilot created the topic: Overseas CPL conversion

Dear Bob and other friends on this forum.

I am a bit new to this forum but certainly it is a pleasure to be here. I am currently living in Sydney and recently decided to convert my overseas CPL and probably my FI to CASA. However I am quite confuse that where to start and what pathway is the more affordable and brings me straight to the point in regards to study materials and etc.
I have purchased your Human Performance & Air Law's book, however have no idea what are the other books and maps that I need to study in order to be fully ready for the theory exams. I do really appreciate if you can let me know a bit more about the whole process to convert a foreign license to CASA please.

Cheers and have a wonderful days ahead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3

Richard replied the topic: Overseas CPL conversion

G'day calmpilot,

For definitive information, CASA is your best bet. You have probably already seen it, but just as a reference for this thread, CASA has information pages for licence conversions here:

www.casa.gov.au/standard-page/converting-overseas-licences

and on the exam requirements including equipment etc:

www.casa.gov.au/standard-page/overseas-l...version-examinations

Perhaps others who have already been through the process could chip in with more information. I know we have had enquiries from quite a few pilots in your position.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Rich

• calmpilot
  • calmpilot's Avatar Topic Author

calmpilot replied the topic: Overseas CPL conversion

Thanks a lot Richard.
Cheers

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds