Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin

Part 61 completely confused

• Aviation101
  • Topic Author

Aviation101 created the topic: Part 61 completely confused

Hi There,

i'm supposed to be sitting my CPL flight test this Wednesday, looking at the new flight test form it says that you now require a class 1 medical to sit the flight test and I've only got a class 2, so do flying schools have a transition period to implement this flight test form or will i be cancelling my CPL this Wednesday??

Thanks,
Raphael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Part 61 completely confused

Hi Raphael,

That is what it looks like. The examiner needs to tick the Class 1 medical box on the flight test form which to me infers a Class 1 medical is required before you can submit your flight test result. I'd check that with your examiner or CASA directly first but it looks like you may need to postpone that flight test. If you hear differently please let us know.

Cheers,

Rich

• Aviation101
  • Topic Author

Aviation101 replied the topic: Part 61 completely confused

Just a update on my situation: i have sat and passed my CPL a couple of days ago, i never asked the ATO about the class 1 issue but i assume that flying schools will be given a transition period into their implementing of part 61.

thanks for all the help through my CPL onto IREX now

Cheers,
Raphael

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Part 61 completely confused

Raphael
Firstly, congratulations on passing you CPL flight test. Well done. I see two possibilities.

1. Your test officer holds the submission of your paper work until you can show him/her that you have passed your Class 1 medical, or
2. CASA hold the issue of your CPL until you have had your Class 1 medical processed.

I'm sure they wont declare the test invalid, so in the meantime, keep the party going!

Bob

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds