Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin

Coverting an overseas SACAA ATPL(H) to CASA ATPL(H)

• Angelopicoto
  • Topic Author

Angelopicoto created the topic: Coverting an overseas SACAA ATPL(H) to CASA ATPL(H)

Good morning fellow aviators,

I am extremely interested in converting my current ATPL(H) to a CASA ATPL (H) but I am a bit alarmed at how confusing this process seems to be, I hope someone can guide me in the right direction.

I have purchased an received all the books and documents from AFT that they recommend for the conversion exam , human factors and IREX exam(including Bob's Instrument rating study guide).

Here are a few questions I hope someone can help answer:

1.)Is there any websites that offer AOSH mock exams and does this exam comprise of all of the exams in one ?
2.)What subject would be the best to begin studying?
3.)Is the E6b flight calculator allowed in the exams?
4.)If you fail an exam, what would be the waiting period before being able to attempt another exam?
5.)Which documents must I bring into the exams and which documents will be supplied?
6.)Which test facility is most recommended where I would be able to write my exams and find a testing officer for the flight test?

I would really appreciate some feedback and guidance to assist me in these matters,

Kind Regards

Angelo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Coverting an overseas SACAA ATPL(H) to CASA ATPL(H)

G'day Angelo

I suggest you have a look at this thread as it most likely contains the answers to your questions.

www.bobtait.com.au/forum/cpl-conversion/5303-cpl-conversion

Cheers

• Angelopicoto
  • Topic Author

Angelopicoto replied the topic: Coverting an overseas SACAA ATPL(H) to CASA ATPL(H)

Hi Stuart , thank you for getting back to me.

• Gavin H

Gavin H replied the topic: Coverting an overseas SACAA ATPL(H) to CASA ATPL(H)

Hi Angelo

I am in the process of converting my SA ATPL(A) to the CASA. I have just finished the AOSA and HF exams. As there is very little info out there regarding the ATPL conversions, I thought I would just fill you in on my experience so far and hopefully it will help.
I used the AFT books for the HF and AOSA (Met & Law) and they cover everything you need.
The HF exam is fairly straight forward. Learn the book and all the TEM notes, and go through the threads here as there is a lot of valuable info. The exam is 1.5hrs, I cant remember how many questions but its more than enough time.

For the AOSA (In your case the AOSH), the exam I got was 55 questions and with 3hrs to write I was not rushed and could comfortably take my time. I doubt the amount of questions would be very different. The vast majority of the questions that I was asked were for law. Im not sure if this is the usual or if it changes at random.
Have a good understanding of the law and be comfortable in using the AIP and CAO and know where to find everything. Remember you can use highlighters to highlight relevant parts in the books, you're just not allowed to make notes or write anything in them.
Go through the AFT questions, Bob's CPL book, as well as the AFT online practice exams. This will get you used to the AIP, CAO, ERSA and CARS as they cover all the relevant sections you will need to know.
For the Met side make sure you know how to interpret all the various WX reports and the Alternate requirements. All the other Met data is covered by the AFT documents. Once again go through the threads here for law and met as there is some good info out there.

To quickly answer some of your questions if you havnt found the info yet.
1) The questions in the AFT docs covers all the relevant material
2) Depends on what you comfortable with, the HF is a less volume of studying and AOSA(H) and IREX use all the same law books so you transitioning between might be easier.
3) I dont think electronic aviation calculators are allowed only the 'wizz wheel' type, you wont need it for the HF or AOSA(H), maybe just a basic Casio.
4) Not sure, There is a lot of info on CASA website regarding.
5) They supply a pen, pencil, eraser, ruler and blank paper and a calculator if you need. You supply everything else. You can get it all off the airservices web store. If you are not in Aus and studying from overseas you can download the relevant PDFs (AIP, CARS CAO) and then when you come across to Aus then buy all of them as they are quite cumbersome.
6) You book the exams through the ASPEQ website. Depending on what State you will be in you can select the most relevant facility.

I hope that helps a bit

Regards
Gavin

• Angelopicoto
  • Topic Author

Angelopicoto replied the topic: Coverting an overseas SACAA ATPL(H) to CASA ATPL(H)

Hi Gavin , thank you very much for the reply ! i will inbox you for further information i require.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds